Last updated: November 15, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy;
- When you register for an account;
- When you register for an event;
- When you sign up for a mailing list; and/or
- When you become a member.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Association offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Association or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under sixteen (16) years of age. The Website and the services, content, information and programs provided or made available on and/or through the Website may not be accessed or used by any individuals that are not at least 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, apply for membership, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Website, or otherwise providing information to use, you consent to collection, processing, transfer and storage of information about you in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy law may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to the law in your country of residence. Please use the contact information below if you have a question or concern about the policies or manner in which we treat your personal information.
We collect and process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our agreements with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, business entity name and address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies); and/or
- From third parties, for example, our service providers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website (This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Information provided through email, text message, and postal mailing list sign ups;
- Information provided through our membership process;
- Information provided on social media and from surveys;
- Information provided when registering for an event;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website; and/or
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Some web browsers may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy accordingly.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your preferences;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry);
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your member account with us;
- To process your requests, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Association’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Association about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Association’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Association about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Association, our customers, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information
- Promotional Offers from the Association. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Association to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by emailing your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Association as a result of membership services, payments of membership dues, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We use the Wild Apricot member management software to support the Association and PayPal for online payment processing. Any payment transactions are through PayPal. For more information on how PayPal uses and secures your personal information, please visit the PayPal Privacy Statement available at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=en_US.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If/when we have given you (or if/when you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
127 W. 83rd St., Box 57
New York, NY 10024
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org